Lenten Rome Pilgrimage
March 1-9, 2022
Imagine starting Lent venerating the instruments of Christ’s Passion throughout Rome:
the pillar upon which Christ was scourged, the wood of the Cross, the nails driven into his body, the crown of thorns placed on his head, the sign placed above Christ’s Cross. We also will pray near Veronica’s veil, Longinus’ spear which pierced Christ’s side and other relics of the true Cross.
We will prayerfully meditate on Christ’s Passion while ascending on the Holy Stairs, the very steps Christ walked up and down in Pilates’ Praetorium.
We will visit some of the ancient “Station Churches” — special churches appointed to open their doors for Mass and veneration of relics for the people of Rome, who have been going from one station church to the next each of the 40 days of Lent since at least the 500s AD.
Are you longing to be on pilgrimage again? Do you miss being able to travel?
After months of international lockdowns, I’m excited that Rome has been welcoming international pilgrims again. I and many others have led pilgrimage groups to Rome in recent months, and it has been an amazing experience. It is safe and easy to travel in and around Rome!
I am looking forward to hosting a special Lenten Rome pilgrimage in March 2022, which is open to anyone interested.
- Walk in Footsteps of Apostles, Saints, Popes & Martyrs
- Historical Roots of our Catholic Faith
- Learn “How to Read a Church”
- Be Evangelized by Beauty
- Time for Prayer at Sacred Sites
- Mass in Catacombs & Basilicas
- Teaching from Dr. Sri at the Holy Sites
Any Travel Restrictions?
At present, requirements for entering Italy without quarantine are either:
- Proof of COVID vaccine
- OR Proof of recovery from COVID in the last 6 months
Dr. Edward Sri lived and studied in Rome and offers pilgrims a unique insider’s perspective on the Eternal City. With him personally guiding you through each site, the saints, churches and works of art will come alive powerfully and help you enter deeper into spiritual treasures of Christian Rome.
Watch Dr. Sri Describe the Pilgrimage to Rome
Travel in a Smaller Group: Experience More!
Many trips to Rome take place in large groups that are moved around in tour buses. But we travel in a small group, enabling us to walk the beautiful streets of Rome, enter more deeply into prayer and visit many more sites not on the typical tourist itinerary.
Go Deeper in Your Faith
Personal guided tours by Dr. Sri through each site make the churches, saints and art come alive for our faith today.
Stay Two Blocks from the Vatican
Pray at the tombs of the martyrs and saints who shaped our Catholic faith.
Questions? Click HERE for more information.
Just a few of the many Rome sites:
- The Catacombs of St. Calixtus
- St. Peter’s Basilica / Blessed John Paul II’s tomb
- Vatican Museum (including Sistine Chapel)
- San Clemente (1st century Christian “house church” of Pope St. Clement)
- The Major Basilicas
- Tomb of St. Paul
- Relics of the True Cross, Holy Stairs, Coliseum, Pantheon
- General Audience with Pope Francis
- Mass everday
- Beautiful Assisi (including tombs of Sts. Francis and Clare)
- Plus a free day to explore Rome/Italy on your own!
Testimonial from a Fellow Pilgrim
Karl Rides with the Pope