May 17-25, 2020
St. Peter’s Basilica
May 17-25, 2020
For all details, download the brochure & registration form
- Touch the historical roots of our faith
- Learn how to “read” a church
- Be evangelized by beauty
- Walk the streets of the early Christian martyrs.
- Pray over the tombs of Saints Peter and Paul.
- Celebrate Mass in the Catacombs.
- Learn about the many saints, martyrs and Popes of Rome right in the places where they lived and died.
- Discover the rich Biblical and spiritual themes in the Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museums and many other churches and pieces of sacred art in Rome.
Dr. Edward Sri lived and studied in Rome and offers pilgrims a unique insider’s perspective on the Eternal City. With him personally guiding you through each site, the saints, churches and works of art will come alive powerfully and help you enter deeper into spiritual treasures of Christian Rome.
Watch Dr. Sri Describe the Pilgrimage to Rome
Travel in a Smaller Group: Experience More!
Many trips to Rome take place in large groups that are moved around in tour buses. But we travel in a small group, enabling us to walk the beautiful streets of Rome, enter more deeply into prayer and visit many more sites not on the typical tourist itinerary.
Go Deeper in Your Faith
Personal guided tours by Dr. Sri through each site make the churches, saints and art come alive for our faith today.
Stay Two Blocks from the Vatican
Pray at the tombs of the martyrs and saints who shaped our Catholic faith.
Art, History & Saints (plus Course Credit Option)
Learn about the history, art and saints of Rome. With additional course registration and tuition costs, this pilgrimage can count for credit toward the Augustine Institute’s Distance Education degree or on-campus program. (Call the AI for more details at 303-937-4420.)
Questions? Click HERE for more information.
Just a few of the many Rome sites:
- The Catacombs of St. Calixtus
- St. Peter’s Basilica / Blessed John Paul II’s tomb
- Vatican Museum (including Sistine Chapel)
- San Clemente (1st century Christian “house church” of Pope St. Clement)
- The Major Basilicas
- Tomb of St. Paul
- Relics of the True Cross, Holy Stairs, Coliseum, Pantheon
- General Audience with Pope Francis
- Mass everday
- Beautiful Assisi (including tombs of Sts. Francis and Clare)
- Plus a free day to explore Rome/Italy on your own!